Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's not the end but a new beginning...

"Once a mark. girl, always a mark. girl"

I joined mark. 2010, after seeing a commercial on Lifetime. I was so eager to be apart of a company that has started the year I was a Senior in high school. Plus, I already had a love for beauty and fashion products. I want to share with other what I love and I've also been given many wonderful opportunities that the memories will last a lifetime.

On February 2011, the opportunity of being a makeup artist for a day happened. I headed to Austin, TX for the weekend for an Ann Taylor Student Look Book photo shoot. This reignited my passion of doing makeup for others. Later that month, I contact an organization, Project Cinderella, to offer my services to all the girls at no charge for Prom. My mentor, Tiffany, and I worked on at least a dozen of girls on their special night. I'd have to say seeing their expression when we were done...PRICELESS!

In June, I was appointed to Mentor Assistant for the Houston, TX area. This meant assisting my Mentor, Tiffany, with anything she might need with the team. We'd have team meetings, meet and greets, incentives, and more. Of course, I wasn't the only mentor assistant for the team there were five of us. I LOVED bonding with the team and giving any advice needed.

On Thursday, July 11, 2013, thousands of mark. girl lives changed when we were given the information that as of August 9th, 2013 mark. will have transitioned to Avon. What does that mean? There will no longer be mark. girl ONLY reps but we have been given the option to transition into Avon reps. Since the news, I spent all night at work deciding what I was going to do. I must have reread the FAQ a hundred times making sure I understood. I had contemplated joining Avon before the decision (and commercial) to join mark. a long time ago.

While it's the end of an era of mark. girl only reps, I've decided it's not the end for me. I will continue on this journey to becoming an Avon rep, which would include selling mark., too. I look forward to this new journey and seeing where it takes me.

Thank You to all the mark. girls I have meet in-person and online through our forums and social media. Your friendships mean so much to me and I hope to keep in touch with all of you. I also wish everyone the best in their new journeys whatever it might be.


Texas Women Bloggers

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, thanks for stopping by my blog! This sounds like a very exciting opportunity for you! Change is always hard but often a really, really good thing! I love your work with Project Cinderella! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I just completed the transition on Friday and there's so much to learn. It's a wonderful opportunity from what I'm seeing so far.

      Delete
  2. I hope the switch will be good for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping for the best, too. With a company that's been around for over 125+ years, I think it's worth taking the chance.

      Delete